What is Contradancing?
Contradancing is a social dance where you dance with everyone in the room. It is easy to learn, fun and good exercise.
There are plenty of things written about contradancing around the net. Here are a couple of good places to start:
Here are some lists of contradances, musicians, callers, and music:
- Great Meadow Music has lots of CDs
- Dwayne Johnson's Contra dance locator
- Ted Crane's DanceDB
- More Links
- Lots of info on dances, bands, callers, and articles about contradancing
- CDSS has Summer programs scheduled (Pinewoods, Buffalo Gap, and Ogontz.)
- Ashokan has summer Fiddle and Dance camps.
- The Augusta Heritage Center at Davis & Elkins college in Elkins, WV sponsors many great traditional dance weeks
- The Swannanoa Gathering is a series of week long programs held in July and Aug at Warren Wilson College in Asheville, NC.